Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hogs vs Cats Reply To: Hogs vs Cats

Hi Penny,

Thank you for the tips and videos, i will try them and did have to giggle at those jumping cats ๐Ÿ™‚

I actually forgot to mention that i did see a Stoat in the garden 1 night, though i have not seen it again. I fell asleep earlier today { my medication causes this at times } then when i went out to refill the bird bath i noticed a cat had got a young sparrow ๐Ÿ™ They are just a nightmare and i sometimes wonder if its worth the upset. These cats think nothing of jumping up onto the bird table and pulling it over on themselves, even though i have weights on the bottom of it. Each time they do this of course it breaks the roof of it uugghh!!!! You would think these are feral cats but they actually live over the back from my house and further down the street. I am going to be getting my garden landscaped and will make sure its as cat proof as possible.

Well unless they are vegetarians they will not be fed in my garden tonight, no meat out.
Will go and have a look about the posts in a bit after i have checked to see if the cats can still get in the station. I narrowed the entrance and put the hogs water dish nearer the entrance -_- We will see how they like that hmmm!!!!
The picci i use is my hogs feeding station but i have lengthened the entrance and it is like a tunnel now and has trellis on top ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the much needed giggle.

Hedgehog