Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs! Reply To: Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs!

After 2 weeks of sneezing and giving me the run-around, little Tippy Toe has finally been captured and incarcerated at a rehabilitation centre for ‘wild’ hedgehogs. Yes the little devil has got roundworm and a bad case of lungworm, so hopefully she’ll make a full recovery and be back tip-toeing around the garden again soon.

With males still outnumbering females by a ratio of 2-1, the boys are not at all happy with this new development and have been busy venting their frustration. Booby traps have been deposited in strategic places around the house including one parcel ready for me to step in as soon I get into my car. Tippy toe on the other hand will be glad of the rest I am sure, after two of the boys barricaded her exit from the terracotta hedgehog house for over an hour the other night whilst they battled over who was top dog (hog!) I’m not quite sure who the victor was, but when she finally emerged from her confinement, she was still being circled relentlessly over an hour later.

Wood mouse headquarters is still a hive of activity and with the local cats busy trying to dig their way in and the mice busy trying to tunnel their way out, the lawn is starting to resemble a putting green…well it would, if only we had a bit more grass and a lot less moss and mushrooms!

https://flic.kr/p/TwLjun

Hedgehog