Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings The Return of the Hogs Reply To: The Return of the Hogs

I have been feeding my lot (5 city hogs) with spike insect crumble at least once a week as a treat usually give them cat food mixed with moist spike and a few crushed peanuts, they always drink a full dish of water too every night – the crumble contains loads of insects and goes down a treat – last night I had 653 pics on my camera with comings and goings they are really active at the moment all the way through the night – one of the best pictures had the fox standing next to a hog both eating from the plate – I have come to the conclusion I am running a shelter for all the creatures around here now and hoping my hog numbers will increase shortly as the “dancing” has already been displayed on several occasions – happy days!! I think the main reason they visit every night and multiple times is I’m the only one who feeds them so the only suplimentary food on the close! My neighbours couldn’t believe it when I told them all.

Hedgehog