Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs! Reply To: Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs!

Nic

Oh dear, they do sound as if they are in the wars a bit. There is a boy who is an occasional visitor here, quite small, but not a youngster, who I thought had a bit of a limp. Not always easy to tell, as there are lots of dips and cracks on my patio, but I caught him on film going across the lawn. It didn’t look too bad – he could move pretty speedily and then when I saw him the other night beating up one of last year’s hoglets – who is already bigger than him, I thought well he can’t be too bad.

I agree with you about the lawn thing. I just think some people just don’t seem to realise that if they buy grass seed in these boxes, they often have all sorts of nasty chemicals in as well.

Must have been interesting to see the self anointing, but even that is slightly worrying – they don’t seem to know why they do it, and is it due to some chemical as well? So many problems for the poor little things to deal with.

Did you see the thing on Supervet where there were 4 hedgehogs with broken back legs, which they fixed and 3 of which were successfully released?

Hedgehog