Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic

Would love to have seen the upended hog, must have been very miffed.

I’ve had the experience you mentioned of being in the middle of typing then the page is suddenly gone again, pain in the bum.

Still no solution to the recording problem, have to settle for recording on my mobile which still works for the 4 or so hours before packing it in & plays back too & can transfer it to the laptop/desktop. Goodness knows why, technology is a mystery to me.

Can’t seem to find any moist Spikes food anywhere to buy, all out of stock online & only shop I’ve found it in locally is a foul ‘pet’ shop selling poor little birds & I refuse to support them. They’re perfectly happy with the other food I give them so perhaps it doesn’t really matter.

So many hogs again last night, they’re coming earlier now, 21.30 onwards instead of midnight. Lots more rain still, the borders are so lush now you can’t see gaps between the plants any more. Had to replant the border last year after my fencing people trampled everything to death!

Hope Digger’s been to see you by now, I imagine they all want to stay clear of the rat so hope he’s gone on to somebody else’s garden.

An outside light I can operate from indoors would be good, the LED one I have I might be able to adjust so it stays on longer to spot hogs better & it’s remote control so that would be a good alternative to having to run a cable outside. Less complicated anyhow & can do myself. Try it tomorrow.

The chopped up pallet is 2 layers high with bricks around the base & gaps for creatures to get in without access to cats or anything larger than a hog, lots of branches, cuttings from the border, fir cones, shells, pots on their sides etc & a large ex bird table with a roof stuffed with fir cones & things sitting on top of it all!

Had one visitor so far tonight, this might be a silly question but do they have tails? This one I’ve noticed has a dark little something or other that appears to be a tail, not noticed it on anybody else, makes it easy to identify as it’s a regular every night.

Hedgehog