Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Annie

Yes, they do have tails, but not very long ones. Some of them seem to walk around a bit taller (with their legs stretched) and the tail shows more, but others, or at other times, you just don’t really notice.

The pallet bug hotel sounds brilliant – hope you get lots of occupants soon – more for the hogs to eat! Poor little bugs!

Glad to hear the hogs there are arriving at a civilised time and that there are more of them. We’ve had a fair bit of rain here as well now. We’ll all be complaining it’s too wet now! I was looking in the pond to see if frog was there the other day, and there were 2 frogs – very exciting. I jokingly said somewhere, before, that I hadn’t started identifying frogs by their natural markings – yet, but the new frog has completely different markings to the original, so maybe, accidentally, I am!

Strange that Spikes is running out. Mind you, they do seem to get a fair bit of publicity on here. I have always used ‘I Love Hedgehogs’ which I get by mail order. I buy the most you can get at a time to make it cheaper. It also has the advantage that most cats here aren’t interested in it so that is an added advantage.

Very enterprising using your mobile phone for a night cam! Did it work well. It is handy being able to operate the light from inside. I tend to leave mine on whilst I am watching for an hour or two and then turn it off for the rest of the night.

Digger was here last night, but not for long before she disappeared again. I’ll be quite glad when they all settle down a bit again, for a while – all this coming and going is quite exhausting, just to watch! Haven’t checked the cam yet, but I didn’t see the rat last night, which was good.

Hedgehog