Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings The Return of the Hogs Reply To: The Return of the Hogs

I have 3 new males that have shown up this week, Thomas, Jerry and Zippy.
Thomas was 920g and had 4 big ticks which i removed.
Jerry was 940g and had 25 big ticks which i removed
Zippy was 1080g and had 10 ticks which i removed.
They were all very good and patient as i talked to them telling them when i found one, where it was and when i was going to pop it off.
Jerry and Zippy had gotten into a pushing match next to my yellow recycling box with the hole cut into the front which i use as a rain cover to keep the food dry.
I had wondered what all the noise was until i saw the box trying to wander up the path.
I grabbed both and weighed, deticked and marked them so i could keep track of weights and who is who (nail polish on a few spines in various color combinations and locations)
This way i can see who is doing well, who isn’t and which of my ladies is pregnant.
This brings the total of my visitors up to 22.
I suspect Tiggy is preggers so i hope she will introduce them to me when they are born.
My oldest cat Wingnut Cubert Picklebutt loves them and will happily watch them playing and stuffing their faces either outside or from his perch on the kitchen window, Clancy Faladoodledoodah McHooligan isn’t really bothered with themand she will watch them but only to see if they will do anything interesting and my semi feral Poppydoppy Frankenkitty doesn’t know what to make of them since they are almost as big as she is (she is tiny) so she watches them whilst hiding behind her adopted big brother (whom she loves) Wingnut.

Hedgehog