Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings They like playing with their food bowl cover Reply To: They like playing with their food bowl cover

jan

Hi penny and Nic, we placed one of our cameras above the Hog house yesterday and waited with baited breath to see if Ralph has infact had taken up residency. I put the food into the feeding station at nine o’clock as usual, and shouted of Ralph, never in a million years thinking he’d actually respond, but before I got back into the house the camera watched by husband showed him sticking his nose out and have a good sniff. he must have decided it was just a tad early and too light so he went back to bed for ten minutes. When he did venture out he had an enormous stretch, and spent ten minutes scratching. He went on to get breakfast from the station. We have watched the footage over the night just now, which shows him backwards and forwards into the house. On one occasion he had something fairly large in his mouth. He fed at the station four times through the night, his last feed about quarter past four, the other camera picked him up straight after going to bed. He does seem really itchy, do you think there is anything we can do to help him with his lodger load, i’d hate to think he is so infested that it may be detrimental to his health……… I have had a good look online and the systemic spoton’s and frontline are not good for hogs, though apparently there is a dusting powder you can put on. I just wondered if any of you had any ideas at all. I am going to get in touch with Tggywinkles and see if they have any suggestions. I’m so thrilled we have a resident!! I will look at the camera you have suggested penyy

Hedgehog