Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs! Reply To: Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs!

Hi Nic,

Three girls were back again last night; makes you wonder where they all got to. Thankfully, no signs of any problems for once.

I asked Lynda, the lady who is caring for Tippy Toe, if the back leg problem could be down to metabolic bone disease and someone feeding them too many mealworms. She showed me a video of one of her previous patients and the poor little soul could barely put one foot in front of the other, so it is unlikely that that could be the problem. She has however, written a very good article on the dangers of feeding too many mealworms and what we should be feeding them instead. I was thinking about posting it on here, because like you say, the message just doesn’t seem to be getting through.

Yes, by all means use Simba as a model; I am sure he would be flattered. I won’t tell him though, his ego is big enough already! I cannot understand why someone has felt the need to daub him with yellow paint, because out of all the hogs that I have seen, he is the one that is most recognisable.

Hedgehog