Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs! Reply To: Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs!

Nic

Hi Penny

I think it would be a good idea to put the article re. mealworms on here somewhere. The ones I put on seem to have been ignored by some. People still seem to be talking about feeding mealworms. Whilst they may be feeding something else as well (there is no way of knowing) they are not mentioning that and other people read it, and think mealworms are ok, and so it goes on. Part of the problem is that they are still on the list under what to feed hedgehogs and people don’t realise that they should only be given in small amounts not just on their own. Good to hear they don’t think that is what the problem is with the ones there.

I think the girls are as interested in finding boys at the moment as they are in finding food. One of the girls who has been a regular visitor here the last couple of years has not made an appearance yet this year. I am still hoping, as one of the others only came back within the last week.

Sorry to hear poor old Simba still yellow – I was hoping the rain would wash away some of the excesses. Thanks for letting me use him as a model – he is posing very nicely in your photo, showing off his skirt, etc. as well as part of his face. Will have to get round to writing it now!

Hedgehog