Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Annie

Haven’t had time to read your message yet. I am very upset. A poor little hog turned up over an hour ago with a horrible injury – a slash from ear to ear and the spines behind shaved off. Looks as if it might be a strimmer injury. I have spent the last hour, plus, trying to get someone to help. It would be a Bank Holiday weekend. The place I usually go to is temporarily closed. And the next nearest wildlife rescue place has closed completely. Vets are closed. And I can’t drive at the moment. I kept being referred back to the RSPCA and was just hanging on for ages. Finally got through and am now waiting for them to ring back. The poor little thing looked rather bemused. You wouldn’t believe the smell. It smells as if it has had the injury for a while, but if that is the case, not sure how it has survived. So sad – if only the people who use these things could see the injuries they can cause, they might be more careful.

Hedgehog