Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

My goodness Nic I am so so sorry to hear of your injured hog. Made me upset reading it, you tried your best and if nothing could be done to save the poor animal at least you gifted him/her peace and put an end to his/her suffering – let’s hope it doesn’t come to that we’ve got everything crossed for you. The nearest wildlife rescue to us closed its doors this spring due to retirement, seems there are alot closing.

If only people realised what harm they can do with machinery and poisons. Makes me want to shout out – Stop being lazy and do it the old fashioned way it’s good exercise and you discover more of your garden. I was clearing my garden this afternoon in the drizzle and found another one of those 1 inch lizards beautiful.

I have a strimmer as we used to have an allotment years ago as our last house only had a small garden. I haven’t used said strimmer for at least 6 years it’s consigned to the scrap heap. I hear people using them and it fills me with horror. I much prefer the old fashioned long handled shears it’s exercise and much safer for all creatures.

Hedgehog