Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Thanks, Annie.

I still haven’t found out, for certain, what happened to the poor chap. It is because it was an out of hours vet and they are a completely different organisation to the day vet – just use their premises. I have been told several times someone will ring back, but so far they have not. They always sound very nice when I ring them, but don’t have the information. Very frustrating.

The small female has been visiting the last several nights. I am calling her ‘wings’ at the moment because she has a mark above her head which looks a bit like wings! Haven’t thought of anything better yet. Haven’t seen Digger for nearly two weeks which is worrying. Magic for over a week.
The other girl visits most, but not every night and the boys come and go.
The other night, one of the boys had two other boys rolled up and was trying to divide his time between the two girls. In the end he chose the older one. ‘Wings’ still looks quite small. Not sure whether she is really old enough to breed yet.

Wildlifehaven. Thanks for your thoughts too. It is a worry if the wildlife rescues are closing. Hopefully someone else will come along willing to take on the job. I imagine, though, that it is very time consuming.

You are lucky having lizards. One of my former neighbour’s cat used to bring them in sometimes – alive – she used to have them climbing up the curtains! But I haven’t seen one here for years. The two frogs seem to be happily co-existing in their not very big pond.

Hedgehog