Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs! Reply To: Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs!

Hi Nina,

It’s good to know that they shouldn’t start sprouting all around the garden; I’m forever pulling up all sorts of trees that they have buried and forgotten about. Thanks to the squirrels forgetfulness we have a magnificent horse chestnut tree growing in a pot that is now about 10 feet tall. So much for their personal feeder, the little devils are still stealing from the bird feeders and have already chewed a chunk out of the lid in an act of mindless vandalism!

I collected little Tippy Toe (AKA Belladonna/Houdini!) last night, now weighing in at a not so little 893 grams. She was sealed in a cardboard box and placed under the trees ready for release as soon as it was dark. I watered the plants, put out the hogs dinner and set up a camera ready to capture her departure, only to discover that she had already gone! The sneaky little devil had ripped two small holes in the sides of the box that were concealed from view and had somehow managed to escape… Looks like she’s had plenty of time to brush up on her counter surveillance and anti capture techniques whilst in solitary confinement then.

The camera captured a short glimpse of her later on with two of the boys once again in hot pursuit and judging by all the number twos ground into the patio this morning, there was plenty of action off camera too, even Horace the concrete hedgehog managed to get a coating and has had to have a good hosing down! 🙂

Hedgehog