Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Wildlifehaven

I have been getting a bit worried about two of the girls who have been missing here for more than two weeks. Including Digger, who has been visiting here for a long time. Your ‘post’ prompted me to check more carefully through my records for last year. I had been thinking I hadn’t put May and June onto the ‘table’, but found I had and they were just buried! It is so much easier to easily notice patterns on a table. I remembered that the girls had been absent for short periods of time, but I see that one of them was ‘missing’ for nearly 3 weeks, and Digger for 2. The absences last year were in June, but it is possible that climate conditions could have had an effect and made their absences earlier.

I never worry so much about the boys, because, apart from one, at the moment, they are not as regular visitors here as the girls. One will come one night and one another and some just pop in occasionally.

It would be nice if Bramble turns out to be a girl and she turns up with hoglets one night.

Hedgehog