Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic

Hooray, so glad Digger’s returned! Be fab if she has got hoglets, you’re in for a treat if she has – & a whole lot of worry on their behalf.

Have stopped using the recording facility on my phone because it was messing things up on it & making it overheat so just using it to monitor while I’m awake. Patch comes every night but last night later on must have had a larger visitor too (maybe Sherman) as huge poo out there, far too big for her. She scurries in under the cat house, out for a drink, seems to do a tour of the garden as she disappears for a bit then back under for more food.

Nice you’ve identified WIngs, how old do hogs have to be to breed?

Saw a cat on the camera the other evening, it tried unsuccessfully to squeeze under the cat house after the food but I’ve strategically placed obstacles (concrete owls!!) around so only a hog can fit – entrances back & front so they can escape if a bully turns up. I’ve read that slugs love cucumber slices (!!!) & to put them around to keep them away from the hog food but seems a bit far fetched. Guess they wouldn’t want them with salt on like I do…..

Hedgehog