Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat A Sad Day For Hedgehogs Reply To: A Sad Day For Hedgehogs

Hi Nic,

Yes, hopefully the residents of Plymouth will persuade their new MP to take up the cause; things are certainly not going well for hedgehogs at the moment.

As for Simba and the gang, they have been doing disappearing acts much like your lot. Some nights are very busy and then others like last night are very quiet. They don’t seem to mind the rain, but they hate wind and last night was very windy. One of the cameras did pick up a fleeting glimpse of what I think was Simba and if it was him he’s had another paint job! Some of the others also have strange markings; it’s hard to tell on the camera footage what they are, but my money is on more paint. Glad that Digger is back and it certainly sounds as though she has some hoglets tucked away somewhere. Just before we went away I spotted this lovely little lady wandering across the road (thankfully no graffiti!) just before 7.00 am one morning. I checked her over and watched her on the garden for a while and she seemed fine, so it’s possible that she also has some youngsters somewhere and was just taking a break.

https://flic.kr/p/U5Buts

A kind neighbour waited on the hogs whilst we were away, so no need to use the automatic pet feeder, I’d got visions of them vandalising it just like the squirrels have vandalised theirs!

Oh yes… it rained all week! 🙁

Hedgehog