Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Five star Hog diner in Dorchester. Reply To: Five star Hog diner in Dorchester.

Nic

Hi Arthurlla

I am pleased to hear that you have hogs visiting there. I would, though, recommend that you read https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/forums/topic/what-to-feed-hedgehogs-the-danger-of-too-many-mealworms/

My advice, for the benefit of the hedgehogs, is that you cut out everything except the hedgehog biscuits and hedgehog wet food, and gradually cut down on the mealworms to eventually giving them only a very few. The hogs really don’t need to have a wide choice of diet and they and their teeth will be healthier for restricting it to the foods which are good for them. Hopefully healthier hogs will lead to more hoglets?!

It must be nice to have neighbours who are also interested in hedgehogs. Please pass the word on about healthy eating for hogs. Good to hear you are providing accommodation as well. You are lucky having a hog hibernating in one of your hog houses.

Good luck with the hogs. I hope you continue to have many happy hours hedgehog watching.

Hedgehog