Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat A Sad Day For Hedgehogs Reply To: A Sad Day For Hedgehogs

Hi Nic,

It turns out that the hog with the paint job wasn’t Simba but an interloper. This much younger version of the old man has all the same characteristics and manic temperament, but without the arthritis and ringworm on his left ear. The new ‘top hog’ was frenziedly patrolling the patio last night and sending larger males flying in all directions. Simba’s back legs have been giving him a bit of jip just lately so I hope that he is ok.

The light coloured lady in the photo was spotted by the cameras this morning at dawn. It’s my guess that she has hoglets and is waiting until all the boys have gone to bed so that she can dine in peace!

The new feeding station mark 3 is a great success and no cats have even attempted to break in. The only thing is it looks a bit plain and I have been very tempted to nail an ‘All-night Diner’ sign and a menu board to the side of it!

Hedgehog