Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat A Sad Day For Hedgehogs Reply To: A Sad Day For Hedgehogs

Nic

Hi Penny

To be honest, I was expecting old Boss Hog to be ‘demoted’ this year as he had been boss for a couple of years. Must take up a lot of energy to maintain that. It has been a different year with patterns of visits changing. He could still be around and has found somewhere else to feed. If so, I just hope whoever it is, is feeding more than just mealworms!

Poor Arnie getting painted. What I wonder is, if these people who are painting the hedgehogs even know whether it is one they have painted before, or another one. Certainly one of the ones here turned up with a different pattern after being remarked. So is whoever it is, counting the same one twice. Possible, I imagine.

I like the video of Simba disappearing through a convenient hog hole! One of the new boss hogs did something similar here last night, only it was when I was taking the bowls in. I left him a little pile of food and a bit more in one of the hog boxes, and it wasn’t long before he reappeared out the undergrowth.

Did you see Pam Ayres on one of the Sringwatch programmes. She has written a poem about the final hedgehog left on earth. Sad, funny and thought provoking.

Not sure what Digger is up to. I didn’t see her last night, which is a bit strange, but the night before she was ‘dancing’ with one of the boys. He did run off in the middle, so couldn’t have been that interested. But why is she doing that if she has hoglets? I may never know for sure. They don’t ever seem to bring them here until they are bigger and then it is not always easy to see who is with who. The hoglets seem happy to share bowls with any adult.

Hedgehog