Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Marking Hedgehogs? Reply To: Marking Hedgehogs?

Thanks for the welcome 🙂

I just don’t understand the mentality of painting a living creature. They are beautiful little things and daubing paint on them just spoils that. Its unnatural and I do wonder if it compromises their camouflage?

I personally enjoy trying to work out who’s who. Half the time I probably get it wrong, but does it matter? Of course not. Now I know I’m right because they have blobs on.

Some of the latest vids on my youtube channel clearly show the marks on a couple of them – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC75PNLF1a38IMcC3bT_kEZQ

Hedgehog