Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales TOO YOUNG TO MATE? Reply To: TOO YOUNG TO MATE?

Nic

Hi Marion

The young male missed a night, but then he was back last night. The two little hoglets were there and the one he was circling the other day went up to him, so obviously wasn’t afraid of him. I thought he was going to ignore them, but when I went out to get the bowls in, there he was circling one of the hoglets again. Not sure if it was the same one – the other one was nearby but they are very alike and were in deep shade. I thought it might just have been a one off, but obviously not. He must be at least 4 times as big as the hoglets! Although they are growing incredibly fast.

I’d be interested to hear what happens with the hog there. Nice if the small one has taken up residence in your garden. I am wondering about the two little ones here. One seems to come from the direction of a hogilo half way down the garden.

Hedgehog