Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Dried insects with good Ca:P ratio Reply To: Dried insects with good Ca:P ratio

Nic

Hi William/willpar

Perhaps it would be a good idea if you got in touch with PTES about problems getting in to the Forum. I see, from the Home Page, that there is now a new Hedgehog Officer. You shouldn’t have to keep changing passwords. (although there have been times, although not so much recently, when I am sure I have typed in the right password and it has turned it down – but it has always worked if I tried again). It would be a shame if you aren’t able to contribute easily – and you are not the first person to say they have had problems. It might explain why it has gone so quiet on Hedgehog Street recently.

Re. the calci worms. It sounds as if that is a better ratio than mealworms, but still not ideal. I might be wrong, but I think the ideal ratio is 1 to 1, otherwise the Calcium could still be leached from the bones. It seems to me, the best thing to do is keep it simple and feed Hedgehog Food, which, as it is made specially for hedgehogs, should have the right ingredients. The problem is getting the word around, so everyone knows not to feed mealworms. Especially important now when there are hoglets beginning to appear.

Hope you manage to sort out the password problem and are able to contribute more again.

Hedgehog