Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Dried insects with good Ca:P ratio Reply To: Dried insects with good Ca:P ratio

Hi WildCaz,

Having got up close to the insect medley (urghhh!) it appears that the beetles are silk worm pupae along with some kind of shrimp.

As Nic says, if you have a problem with cats Ark Wildlife biscuits might be a good option; most hedgehogs love it, but ours wouldn’t touch it, so best to try a small amount first.

Just a thought…most of us would like to think that food marketed specifically for hedgehogs would be the healthiest and most tailored to their needs, but in my quest to find something more irresistible than mealworms I have come across some shockers! The first hedgehog food I purchased was from the RSPB and was full of sweetened cranberries, which we now know rots their teeth and another one that I purchased was full of dried bananas. Thankfully the RSPB no longer sell the cranberry crunch, but it does make you wonder doesn’t it!

Hedgehog