Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Dried insects with good Ca:P ratio Reply To: Dried insects with good Ca:P ratio

Nic

Hi again

I was meaning the Ark Wildlife Hedgehog Mix rather than the biscuits. I suspect cats are more likely to go for the biscuits than the mix and possibly the hogs like the mix better than the biscuits?

I know what you mean, Penny about some of the hedgehog mixes. I remember someone else on here mentioning hedgehog food with dried bananas. What were the people who invented that thinking? (By the way, changing the subject completely, for a moment, Boss Hog is back – so he’s ok). I think what we all need to remember is that it is only supposed to be supplementary feeding. Ideally, habitat improvement and expansion (via linking gardens) is the thing to aim for, then the hogs can find natural food and we wouldn’t all have to worry about what was best to feed them.

William. Glad to hear you are back in business on the Forum. I agree, that robot thing can be very irritating sometimes. It doesn’t help that it seems to speak in American (I think) and I don’t always understand what it is talking about! I suppose, at least it might reduce the numbers of the nonsense posts that sometimes appear on here. Re. the hoglets – it is still quite early yet. The two here appeared a month earlier than I saw any last year.

Hedgehog