Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Dried insects with good Ca:P ratio Reply To: Dried insects with good Ca:P ratio

Hi Nic,

Glad to hear that the ‘Boss’ hog is back and that you have hoglets; still none here as yet only the one found out in the day by a neighbour.

Changing the subject again, we put a new hedgehog hole in the gate that backs onto the footpath at the end of May. I set up a camera for several nights after, but the hogs didn’t use it, they just had a good look around, walked through it and then came straight back again. I set up a camera again last night to try and capture a hog that has been using that route whilst still light for several days. Yet again I was outsmarted by not one, but two hogs that arrived within 15 minutes of each other whilst still light, but took a different route up the garden to avoid the camera! It did however, capture four other hogs leaving the garden by the new hole in the gate, so it just shows what a difference one hole can make.

As I am sat here typing there is a frog sat outside the feeding station in the rain, I wonder if the frogs are now making use of the leftovers too… 🙂

Hedgehog