Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Dried insects with good Ca:P ratio Reply To: Dried insects with good Ca:P ratio

Ark Wildlife sell banana chips on their own for hedgehogs :\ https://www.arkwildlife.co.uk/Category/0/Wildlife_Foods~Hedgehog_Foods.html

‘I Love Hedgehogs’ food:
‘Our delicious blend includes: nuts, fruit, sunflower hearts and cereals, laced with sweet energy-rich honey and for good measure we’ve added dried insects, hedgehog’s natural protein preference’. The insects definitely include mealworms… and nuts/sunflower seeds are high in potassium too. Plus fruit which is bad for their teeth. And I cant imagine honey is wise? Its sugar after all.

Ark Wildlife:
‘sunflower hearts, peanut granules, pinhead oats, micronised flaked oats, dried mealworms, brewer’s yeast & honey’

I don’t know, its a minefield. I suppose it depends how much of the ‘bad’ stuff is in these mixes.

Hedgehog