Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Feeding Hedgehogs Reply To: Feeding Hedgehogs

Nic

Hi Tim

I hope it is the hedgehog eating the food too – not one of the neighbourhood cats, or maybe you even get foxes where you are?

It sounds as if you are living in a good place for hogs if there is a wood nearby. I live near a railway and the trackside is fairly wide here and I suspect that some of the hogs come from there. Anything you can do in your garden to encourage more food for them, can only be good. I noticed a few years ago, when I was digging up yet another bit of lawn (!), to plant things and left the turf on the path for a few days, (on its way to the compost) that beetles had already taken up residence. So now I have little mini beetle banks made up upturned turf here and there.

There have been two hoglets in my garden recently and they seem to be enjoying foraging on the lawn which is a bit longer than usual at the moment, so I am thinking of making it a permanent thing, or part of it anyway.

Hedgehog