Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings and 1 makes 5 Reply To: and 1 makes 5

I have read the links – thank you. Obviously didn’t realise about the mealworms. I had previously looked up what to feed hedgehogs on and mealworms came up as one of the foods they can be given. We also feed lots of birds so always have plenty of mealworms and nuts and seeds etc. Have prepared the hogs supper minus the worms tonight just to see how they react. With quite a few visiting, the dish by the patio doors is usually eaten all up. The food on the lower patio is just put straight onto the slabs and the hogs can spread out a bit. We’ll let them finish what the birds haven’t had today and then put any future mealworms on the bird trays and feeders so the birds don’t miss out. I think I would like to encourage them to all be on the bottom patio.

Our steps out the back are quite steep and they have to use their ingenuity to get down to garden level. I know they can climb quite well but I made some little steps for the hoglets today just to make it a bit easier for them! I like them in the garden because then I know they are pretty safe for a while at least.

We do have lights in the garden – but think Blackpool Illuminations! I shall have to sort out our solar lights. Thank you again for the info.

Hedgehog