Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs! Reply To: Mutant Rampaging Hedgehogs!

Hi Nic,

My Harry Potter’s a bit rusty I’m afraid, I can’t remember a Nagini; perhaps she’s a bit of a handful, I know TT used to trash her room on a regular basis! Harry’s just been released, so goodness only knows what they’ll be getting up to next. Poor Sirius is completely bald and waiting for his spines and fur to grow back, so he’ll be out of action for a while yet.

It never ceases to amaze me how they can just vanish in the blink of an eye, it’s not as though they are small creatures.

The hogs have all been arriving after midnight for the last few days (since the torrential rain) and although there are plenty of them recorded on the cameras, they are not eating much, so there must be plenty of their natural food around.

One of the cameras recorded a thrush this morning, which was nice. We used to hear them knocking hell out of the snails on a daily basis, but it’s a rarity these days and we are overrun with the slimy beasts –something else that steals the hogs dinner!

I see on another post that you’ve recorded a rat! I know that I moan about the cats, but at least they are good for something. Thankfully I haven’t seen or recorded any yet, but my next door neighbour has, urghhh!

The new feeding station was a doddle to make; even I got busy with the saw! It’s very easy to keep clean and the hogs love it. The fact that it has two entrances/exits has made a huge difference; they know that they can make a quick getaway if need be.

Hedgehog