Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic

Well I like to think you’re right that my hog visitors have found plenty to eat in the borders without resorting to my offerings, occasionally in the last few weeks the dish has been either totally or partially emptied & lots of bits of compost trampled in the dish. Other than that not a sign of anybody at all. I have noticed though that wet nights tend to be the ones a visitor seems to call, nice to get out of the rain maybe.

Massive slugs everywhere, never seen such big ones, total yeuk. I’ve noticed when I leave the mobile phone recording now & again the slug activity suddenly stops long before daylight, seems to be a cut off time for being out & about!

Many thanks for the camera info, have to do some investigating & sort that so I can watch the gate & see who apart from various cats is coming in. RSPB have just offered me 20% off & have a few cameras to compare with the Easylife one which is still on offer. Let you know when whatever I get is up & running.

So much activity in your garden, how lovely. Lots of baby birds here, hysterical jackdaw babies trying to work out how to get at the fatballs & standing on their heads almost looking upside down into a feeder I made. Starling babies not much better but at least a little smaller so less ungainly – just!

My pigeon pal is a feral, rather than a wood pigeon, but very pretty & flaps in my face when I put his/her food on the post. Beautifully marked & so clean.

How is your hog population doing now, specially Digger?

Hedgehog