Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings and 1 makes 5 Reply To: and 1 makes 5

Nic

Hi Boss Hogg

The slugs can be a bit of a pest. I had a quiet spell a while back – probably after the dry weather, but they are now back in force. They seem to be able to sense the food from a long way away. The hogs here often share a bowl with the big slugs. I think it is only the tiny ones that they eat, but they say those are the ones who do the worst damage to plants, so that’s good! I saw one of the slugs looking as if it was tucking in to one of the hog poos! Don’t mind if they do that.

The hoglets here don’t all turn up at once – they are very independent and I have only once seen 3 in the area at the same time but not eating together. They seem to be a bit competitive. Completely different to the hoglets last year, who seemed to prefer sharing bowls, but they were later hoglets. Would love to see a photo of the hogs all eating together. Are you putting it on the gallery?

Hedgehog