Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings and 1 makes 5 Reply To: and 1 makes 5

Hello Nic

Have still got the lighting situation to sort out as it is getting dark so quickly now. Also getting to grips with a new camera. I think it is a case of ‘watch this space.’ Once everything is sorted I will try to get a good pic and upload to the gallery. Would be great to get a few of them on the bottom patio again, they are all coming a different times at the moment. We only seem to get two together at the bottom currently. The two hoglets make me laugh. They tend to feed from the dish by the patio doors. In fact they both stand in the dish and completely cover it – munching away.

The wildlife around here is great. Yesterday we had to break up a fight with four jays and a magpie. The jays were mobbing the magpie in our flowering redcurrant bush. It was shaking from side to side. We’ve got two young jays and two adults that come regularly and ditto for the magpies, two youngsters and two adults. Four jays against one young magpie – a bit unfair we thought and what a racket!

This afternoon a sparrowhawk landed on the fence and stayed for a minute or two. Deathly silence – no birds at all. Wise – very wise.

Hedgehog