Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic

Thank you for the tunnel info, I had a read & then the postman delivered our new camera!

Set it up last night & this morning watched pics of Frank going in & out of the gate, not a hoggy pal in sight. Still putting dry hog food & a few cat biscuits out every night, all I can do is hope for a visitor. The up side of all this is that you never see little bodies on the very busy roads round here so I’m assuming all the hogs I saw earlier in the summer are all busy in other gardens. Looking again at the photos & videos I kept I can see some of the hogs were very young indeed & some quite a lot older.

I used to use Twitter to follow various hog rescue people but there are such terrible stories & pictures of hurt hogs every day I don’t look any more.

About half a mile up the main road from here at the next roundabout on one of the road signs is a red triangle with a hedgehog in it (been there at least 10 years) so I guess hogs are an established part of the area.

Love hearing about your hogs, how are the hoglets managing, have they got a look in at the dishes lately? Hope Digger stays well clear of the building/digging that’s going on near you, she needs a yellow fluorescent jacket so she can be spotted if she gets into trouble.

Starlings descended yesterday in a cloud, screeching & squabbling, arguing over whose turn it was at the fatballs, scaring the sparrows back into the trees. My pigeon practically landed on my head again yesterday, no finesse at all yet!

Hedgehog