Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Shock in the night with Hedgehog and Badger (hedgie okay) Reply To: Shock in the night with Hedgehog and Badger (hedgie okay)

We will always help any animal in distress if we can. Sadly we don’t know everything though, so use the vets if needed and for hogs a hog rescue locally if needed as well, they are much better placed with facilities than us. Regards the sign, it really does depend on the individual councils, they all seem to have widely varying rules. Sadly again I’m biased re holes, but seems some do not want any holes in their fences around here! Mind you, they are not all gardeners and many gardens are mainly paving and stones so not that helpful to wildlife. Although we live in suburbia we are only two streets away from fields and there’s literally a few thousand houses around here, so they will get to travel most of them. Hogs really do seem to be making a come back around here, they’ve been absent for a number of years now there’s lots of them. We have a couple of babies around as well as four giant hogs. Hopefully fingers crossed it will keep on improving for them. I love badgers as well, I just really hope that we don’t have anymore badger visits for the sake of both badger and hog.

Hedgehog