Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Signs that a female may be nesting? Reply To: Signs that a female may be nesting?

ann

Hi LizzyK. I’m still unsure if she is in there! I’ve been putting sticks at the entrance every night,some nights they have moved & other nights they haven’t.Night before last one of the sticks had gone halfway into the tunnel entrance so surely someone had gone in there then? The feeding station hasn’t been used for a week or more by anyone, I only have dried cat food in there at the moment as I kept wasting the wet when it wasn’t eaten.We did lose a hog on the road as I said in my first post but I saw the big one after that but it does seem to have gone really quiet,not even seen any poo.I did gently lift the lid a few days ago & it is full of material (it had some straw in that I had put in earlier in the year but this was full to the top) but I didn’t poke about in there.Luckily its easy to look at as its built of brick (it used to house electric to a pond we had!) & has a wooden lid on it.

Hedgehog