Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hedgehogs galore Reply To: Hedgehogs galore

Hi Nic,
What you say about the ‘hog jive’ is probably true. It is certainly a smaller
hedgie doing it in front of a larger one, who we assume must be a male. Last
night we actually saw what happens when two males meet. One barges the
other, as the aggressor, whilst the other immediately rolls into a ball. The
aggressor then pushes the one rolled up away from the eating area. The
procedure seemed quite comical. We have not seen any hoglets at all. Maybe
being new at this, they all seemed to be all the same size at one stage. Now they have all grown up and we think we haven’t seen any? What you say about formatting is true. I find that after a while the wildlife camera tends to function erratically, e.g. the five seconds flash doesn’t come on or only flashes once. Because I put everything through my computer it doesn’t necessarily wipe it off the chip. Even though I make sure I delete everything from the chip after I have filed the videos away elsewhere. I actually format the chip through the wildlife camera in the setup part when the five second light malfunctions. Hope that helps. I know it sounds long winded.

Hedgehog