Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings THE WANDERER RETURNS…OVER A YEAR LATER! Reply To: THE WANDERER RETURNS…OVER A YEAR LATER!

Hi Nic,

Funnily enough, exactly the same thing has happened here. Five of the regular boys have disappeared and have been replaced with other hogs that I don’t recognise. It is the holiday season, so I suppose they could have gone away for a change of scenery. I thought that we still had Bruno visiting, but now I am not so sure. I have long suspected that Bruno could in fact be two different hogs, one being female! My usual method of identifying the sexes by placing the cameras low to the ground doesn’t work when they have got short stumpy legs and long fur. I finally got definitive proof the other night, when one of the monster hogs obligingly decided to have a good old scratch right in front of the camera and bared all…so, as I suspected we now have a Bruno and a very formidable Brenda! I managed to get a photo of her last night hiding behind the feeding station and she has got very different facial markings to Bruno, so hopefully I should be able to tell them apart in the future, I will also be taking note of their feet!

Going through last year’s footage, I came across a juvenile Boris; there was no mistaking him, he really is a character. There is still no sign of him, I just hope that he is ok and will return along with the rest of the boys after their holidays…

https://flic.kr/p/WEvaUf

Hedgehog