Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings THE WANDERER RETURNS…OVER A YEAR LATER! Reply To: THE WANDERER RETURNS…OVER A YEAR LATER!

Nic

Hi Penny

I like the idea of all the boys going off on their hols. You could write a good story about that, I’m sure.

My camera is about 2 feet off the ground. It didn’t seem to work very well for some reason, when I put it on the ground. But, I do find that I can sometimes see underneath the hogs a bit further away. Some of them tend to get up on their legs as they leave. As you say, when they scratch in camera view it is a bit of a give away.

A formidable Brenda sounds quite scary! Which reminds me Digger, who is the biggest of the female visitors here, did what looked like the rubbing along the ground thing the other day. I have never seen a female do it before and it was very quick and, needless to say not caught by the camera, so not sure it was exactly the same as the boys do. But interesting. None of the other hogs was around.

Are your colour photos taken on a normal camera – as opposed to the night ones? They are very clear. Little Boris looks just like one of the big boys who visits here. Fingers crossed they all return safe and sound.

Hedgehog