Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Slugs eating food! Reply To: Slugs eating food!

Nic

Hi Baldwin hedgehog

I think, although they can get green poo if they have worms, they can also get it for other reasons, i.e. digestive problems. For instance Pat Morris in his book ‘Hedgehogs’ referred to hogs getting green droppings when they had been drinking milk. I seem to remember being told that it could also happen if they are stressed. But, as Penny says, if it is for several days in a row, maybe it is more likely to be due to worms?

I wonder if hedgehogs would eat wild garlic? Apparently dogs sometimes seek it out – thought to be self medicating.

Hedgehog