Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Small hedgehog feeding in my garden Reply To: Small hedgehog feeding in my garden

Fantastic news Baldwin, thanks! I will get on to my local bat group and offer my house as a site – I will need a bit of help putting boxes up.

I put my trail camera out last night and it’s recorded dozens of 10 second videos. Unless one or two hogs are walking back and forth, in and out of the feeding station, there are a few hogs visiting my garden. I haven’t time to really look at the videos and see if I can separate them out, I’ll have to wait till weekend – but the videos are quite poor so not sure I can.

I will need to experiment a bit with the trail camera to get better videos, but at least I can see the feeding station is being used. Interestingly, some of the hog activity just bumbles past the feeding station, and doesn’t go in at all. Maybe one or two hogs are going around a few times for natural food as well as having a scoff of the biscuits?

The biscuits are going well now Nic, I’ll keep putting them out!

Hedgehog