Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Small hedgehog feeding in my garden Reply To: Small hedgehog feeding in my garden

Hi,
I’ll be feeding cat biscuits (i crush mine up), there appear to be issues with mealworms and to a lesser degree sunflower hearts which i used to feed but no more. There is so much phosphorus in mealworms it could create a problem with soft bones especially in growing young animals. people experience this problem with indoor reptiles and have to provide extra calcium supplements so its probably best not to feed them. i know someone who works for hedgehog rescue and they also say hedgehogs can become addicted to mealworms to the exclusion of anything else so although hedgies love them i’d stick to cat biscuits and plenty of water.
Cant wait to hear if you spot them on your night cam

Hedgehog