Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Shock in the night with Hedgehog and Badger (hedgie okay) Reply To: Shock in the night with Hedgehog and Badger (hedgie okay)

Hi Snufflewoofs & Nic,

I’ve been through some camera footage from this time last year and the numbers of adults visiting was similar, down to 2 or 3, but there were a lot more juveniles including the young Boris and Arnie. I suppose they could have all gone into hiding just like the blackbirds, or gone in search of the ladies further afield, but the fact they all went missing round about the same time and haven’t been back since is a worry.

Like you Snufflewoofs, I found a husk in the garden a couple of years ago, but it still had the limbs attached (sorry to be so graphic!) wouldn’t a badger have eaten the limbs as well?

I hope your hogs turn up soon, it really is a worry. I am off for a few country walks and to do some detective work to see if I can find any evidence of badgers.

Hedgehog