Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Small hedgehog feeding in my garden Reply To: Small hedgehog feeding in my garden

Hi Nic,
Yes i hope we do see some more babies, it all adds to the local population. the smallest hog i’ve seen was about the size of an orange and that was in June i think. I guessing they come out much smaller than that so i’ll get the night cam primed in another 2 weeks or so. It would be nice to see mum being followed along by a few babies. if i can get that on film i’ll try to post it on here.
On a more sad note the rescue lady locally had a hedgehog in with strimmer injuries today. what she described i wouldn’t want to see. the poor thing was put to sleep.
At least the people who partake in this forum are looking out for hedgehogs, keeping them fed and watered and out of harms way

Hedgehog