Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Annie

920 something videos the night before last! Thank goodness last night it was back to normal again, to give me a chance to catch up. I don’t mind it now and then, because everything that visits really does get videoed, which it doesn’t always, but, even more of nothing in particular gets videoed as well.

I wish Minx would spot Harriet too. I keep hoping that one of the, hopefully, new hoglets will find it’s way there and settle in Frank’s house.

Digger is still visiting, but Rascal – who seems to be the only boy left who is visiting regularly – is being a bit of a pest and keeps trying to make advances to her. Not a good idea at this time of year. Thankfully, most days she gets here before him, so gets a chance to have a bit of a feed. I am beginning to fear for one of the other girls. It is getting on for 3 weeks since I last saw her and it is getting a bit long for it just being hoglets. I keep hoping every night that she will be back, as she was a very regular visitor.

There is still at least one hoglet visiting – getting quite big now. I see them on the cam later on, but not sure if it’s all the same one. This time last year there were loads around, so not sure what is happening this year – no smaller ones have appeared since the first three.

I walked down the garden earlier today only to be nearly hit on the head by a pigeon before it flew off! The other one, definitely a youngster, landed in the tree above me, rather inexpertly, and peered down. Haven’t seen them at the bird feeder yet – not sure they would be able to balance yet! But there have been loads of starlings. There must be over 100 that land on a nearby tree, but thankfully not all of them come down into my garden – well not all at once, anyway. They are so funny crowding round the dishes – loads of youngsters, some of which may have come from my roof. But even funnier all trying to crowd into and splash around in a water saucer together. Not much water gets left!

Hedgehog