Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Shock in the night with Hedgehog and Badger (hedgie okay) Reply To: Shock in the night with Hedgehog and Badger (hedgie okay)

Hi all,

Still no sign of the missing boys and no new hoglets, that makes only two so far this year. Last year they were too numerous to count. There were no sightings of Brenda on camera last night, which is very unusual as she usually hangs around scoffing for most of the evening. Her belly was so large the previous evening that it was almost dragging on the floor, so here’s hoping that she’s produced some hoglets to boost this year’s tally. If they’re anything like their mother, it won’t take them long to gain weight ready for hibernation. Brenda is the one I used to confuse with Bruno Nic, and he too is still missing.

There’s a strong possibility Snufflewoofs, that some of your missing hogs could have given birth to hoglets. It does appear that hoglet numbers generally seem to be down so far this year, so maybe, for whatever reason they have left it late. Two of our smallest autumn juveniles Tippy Toe and Enzo made it through last winter despite only weighing in at 450 grams in December! Both hogs are now amongst the missing, but thankfully Tippy Toe’s offspring Nagini and Draco are regular visitors.

I’ve not heard anything about a new petition Nic and sadly with everything else that’s going on at the moment; I wouldn’t have thought that it would be very high on the governments list of priorities. It’s always at the back of my mind when another hog goes missing. 🙁

I hope all the missing hogs and hoglets turn up soon…

Hedgehog