Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Small hedgehog feeding in my garden Reply To: Small hedgehog feeding in my garden

Hi Baldwinhedgehog,

Back to the subject of poo, (sorry!). I think you may be right about your mother with hoglets theory. I’ve just been summoned to a meeting on the lawn with my other half to discuss the appearance of four large number two’s all within a few square feet of each other. They were so large that you could have been mistaken for thinking that the local cats had started using our lawn as a toilet again, but no, they are definitely hedgehog. At the same time our monster hog Brenda has gone from patrolling the patio and being recorded on camera for most of the evening, to being almost completely absent with the odd fleeting glimpse here and there. This is the same behaviour that our last female with hoglets showed, a quick dash to feeding station and water bowl, then back through the hedgehog hole to check on the youngsters. Fingers crossed…

Now I’ll go and get busy with the shovel!

Hedgehog