Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Pooh Characteristics Reply To: Pooh Characteristics

Hi Nic,
I have been monitoring what I give the hedgies to eat and have found that
there is no great change in their motions. It is not as light brown as it was and has definitely got a shade darker. However it is not back to black in all cases. The wandering visitors have the darker pooh whereas our local ones still have a brown pooh. I have tried the dog and cat food, but our hedgies are either too posh [living in South Gloucestershire] or not particularly taken with it [or Sainsbury’s is not too their liking]. For this reason I have stopped using this method of feeding. I am sticking with using the dry crunchy Spikes Dinner food, but have reduced the amount I put out. As I mentioned previously they do not appear to like the moist Spikes Dinner food. I tried that for the reason that the moist food is black, and thought therefore that their motions would return to normal. Well you can take a horse to water but you cannot make it drink, so I think as far as the hedgies are concerned, leave well enough alone. No doubt after a long hibernation period over winter their system’s will return to normal. Hopefully they do not suffer with hemorrhoids as human beings do?

Hedgehog