Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Annie

Pleased to hear your camera is being useful. Must be quite interesting to see what Minx gets up to when you are out. Did you see that the other Annie had a hog take up residence in her cat’s kennel? Bit of a coincidence.

Two mature females have now been missing for a bit too long, one for more than 4 weeks, so I fear I might not see her again, and the other for just over two weeks, so still hoping she might be back. Both were previous long term nightly visitors. Digger is still visiting – she is looking very portly again, hopefully in preparation for hibernation and not more hoglets on the way – it’s a bit late for that now. She has been getting a bit bossy lately and nudging others out of the way at the food bowls. Surprising behaviour for the usually tolerant Digger, but I have now seen her do it several times. The two hoglets who are regulars have been growing quickly. The older one could now be mistaken for a small adult. It definitely feels like it is getting towards the end of the ‘hog year’, with all the males gone as well as 2 of the mature females.

I hope Pete is well and behaving.

Hedgehog