Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog AUTUMN JUVENILE WEIGHTS Reply To: AUTUMN JUVENILE WEIGHTS

Hi TawnyKin,

It’s good to hear that you still have plenty of hogs around, many people have reported that theirs have already disappeared. Ours are still very busy munching their way through 5 dishes of kitten biscuits most nights, the majority of them here don’t tend to hibernate until there are a few more leaves on the ground to make nice cosy nests with. There are no small juveniles around at the moment, but then they didn’t start showing up until October, November time last year. It’s always a dilemma knowing what to do for the best when we never know what the weather is going to throw at us, but they were still visiting with hard frosts and temperatures down as low as minus 6 degrees last winter. I’m not sure how well they would cope if we had a sudden downfall of snow though.

I like the idea of the tennis ball, if we spot any new arrivals I shall give that one a go. 🙂

Hedgehog